> Rejection of E-mail Collection
Rejection of E-mail Collection
- Policy on punishment of unauthorized collection of e-mail addresses
- E-mail addresses posted on this website should not be collected by e-mail address collection programs and other technical means.
Any violation can be punished in accordance with Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc.
Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc. [Revised on May 25, 2007; Act Number 8486]
- Article 50-2 (Prohibition of Unauthorized Collection of e-Mail Addresses)
- Nobody shall collect e-mail addresses by using automatic programs extracting e-mail addresses from Internet homepages and other technological devices without prior consent of their system operators or administrators.
- Nobody shall sell or circulate the e-mail addresses collected in violation of Paragraph (1).
- Nobody shall use e-mail addresses if he/she knows such addresses are prohibited from collecting, selling and circulating under Paragraphs (1) and (2).
- Article 65 (Penal Provisions)
Any person provided for in the following Subparagraphs shall be subject to imprisonment with prison labor for not more than 1 year or by a fine not exceeding 10 million won:
- A person who has taken technological measures in violation of Article 50 (3);
- A person who has collected, sold and circulated the e-mail addresses or use them for transmission in violation of Article 50-2; and
- A person who has transmitted advertisement information in violation of Article 50-8.
Mayor of Gwanak-gu, Seoul